The GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag is the first pragmatic solution to prevent microplastic pollution from washing synthetic clothes.
With each wash cycle thousands and thousands of tiny plastic fibres from synthetic textiles are released into nature.
The GUPPYFRIEND Washing Bag is an effective, scientifically proven solution to stop microplastic pollution while washing. It reduces fibre shedding from synthetics by 86% on average and protects our clothes. It filters the microfibres that do break and doesn’t lose any fibres itself.
Instructions for use:
- Fill to about ⅔ full so that the textiles can easily move around in the bag
- Add other (non-synthetic) garments or a second filled Guppyfriend to avoid imbalance
- Wash at 40°c maximum
- Use liquid and natural detergents without synthetics
- Remove coarse dirt and pet hair before washing
- Slide the zipper into the "garage" provided at the end of the zipper
- Rinsing under running water - so that the collected microplastic fibres are not washed into the environment
- Washing sharp-edged objects - to avoid damaging the material
- Ironing - this can also damage the material (the crumpled surface is not a problem)
- Use in the tumble dryer - broken fibres can get out of the bag
- Hang/dry in direct sunlight - to avoid damaging the material
Size M: 50 x 74 cm