Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. We may amend these from time to time, and the changes will take effect from the time we publish any amended terms. Any amended terms will not apply to any orders that we have already accepted.
In the event of a conflict between these terms and our general website terms and conditions, these terms shall take precedence.
These terms do not apply to donations or other support, and only apply to consumers (i.e. individuals who are not buying for business purposes). If you are interested in purchasing our products for business purposes, please contact us using the details below.
- Who we are and how to contact us.
- We are WWF-UK, a registered charity no. 1081247 (in England) and no. SC039593 (in Scotland) and a company limited by guarantee registered in England no. 4016725, whose registered address is at The Living Planet Centre, Brewery Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 4LL. VAT no. 733 761821.
- You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at [NUMBER] or by writing to us at email@example.com or WWF-UK Shop, Codestorm House, Walton Road, Portsmouth, PO6 1TR.
- If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
- Our products
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that a device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. Your product may vary slightly from those images.
- Products may be unavailable. Where items are temporarily unavailable for any reason, this will be indicated on our website. Please note that we may withdraw items from sale in the event we run out of stock or for any other reason and we may do so at any time and without notice.
- Our contract with you
- How we will accept your order. We accept your order when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to accept your order, we will inform you of this and will not charge you for the product. This might be because the product is out of stock, because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified.
- We only sell to the UK. Our website is solely for the promotion of our products in the UK. Unfortunately, we do not deliver to addresses outside the UK.
- Price and payment
- The price displayed on our website. The prices displayed on our website include VAT and are displayed in Pounds Sterling. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of the product advised to you is correct. However please see clause 4.2 for what happens if we discover an error in the price of the product you order.
- What happens if we got the price wrong. We will normally check prices before accepting your order so that, where the product's correct price at your order date is less than our stated price at your order date, we will charge the lower amount. If the product's correct price at your order date is higher than the price stated to you, we will ask you if it is okay before we accept your order. [If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.]
- How you must pay. We accept all major credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard and PayPal. Your card will be debited when we confirm that we have accepted your order.
- If you think a payment is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
- You will own the product you have ordered once we have received payment in full, but we will remain responsible for it until we have delivered it to the address you gave us when placing your order.
- Costs. The costs of delivery will be as displayed to you on our website.
- When we will provide the products. During the order process we will let you know when we will provide the products to you. You will receive an email confirming dispatch and, depending on our chosen carrier, you may receive a separate email from us that will detail how to track your order when it has left the warehouse.
- We are not responsible for delays outside our control. If our supply of the products is delayed by an event outside our control then we will contact you as soon as possible to let you know and we will take steps to minimise the effect of the delay. Provided we do this we will not be liable for delays caused by the event, but if there is a risk of substantial delay you may contact us to end the contract and receive a refund for any products you have paid for but not received.
- Our chosen carrier may make arrangements with you for redelivery or collection if you are not at home when the product is delivered. If you do not re-arrange delivery you may be charged for storage costs and any further delivery costs and if, despite our/our chosen carrier’s reasonable efforts, we are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery or collection we may end the contract.
- If products are damaged, faulty or not as described
- You have a legal right to return any item that does not match its description, is not fit for its intended purpose, or is not of satisfactory quality. You are entitled to a refund as explained below if you tell us this within 30 days of receiving the item, or alternatively you may request a replacement. You will need to return the item to us.
- If you want a refund. We will refund all sums you have paid to us for that product (including certain delivery charges – see clause 9) together with your costs of returning the product to us, once we receive the product back and agree there is a problem with it.
- If you want a replacement. If we have the relevant product in stock, we will supply a replacement and reimburse you with the costs of returning the product to us, once we receive the product back and agree there is a problem with it.
- If you change your mind
- You are entitled to cancel your order for any reason, including if you change your mind, within 14 days of receiving your product unless your product is:
- likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- sealed for health or hygiene purposes and has been unsealed after delivery;
- sealed audio or video recordings or computer software and has been unsealed after delivery; or
- has become mixed inseparably with other items after delivery.
- If you cancel your order before it is dispatched, we will refund all sums you have paid to us for that order (including certain delivery charges - see clause 9) within 14 days of you telling us you want to cancel.
- If you cancel your order once you have received it, please return the product to us as soon as possible and not later than 14 days of you telling us you want to cancel. You will be responsible for the costs of returning the product, and we will refund the purchase price and certain delivery charges (see clause 9) within 14 days of receiving the product back.
- If you made a donation with your original order this donation does not form part of the price of the product and we will not be able to refund any such donation.
- We may make deductions to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
- How to cancel or return an order
- If you would like to cancel an order in accordance with these terms, you must contact us using the details at the top of these terms, providing us with details of your order to allow us to identify your purchase.
- If you would like to return a product, please send them securely to WWF-UK Shop, Codestorm House, Walton Road, Portsmouth, PO6 1TR. Please select the reason for your return on the reverse of the delivery note and enclose this in your parcel for return. It is also recommended that you copy both sides of your delivery note for your own records.
- Reimbursement of delivery charges
- Where we have agreed to refund delivery charges in accordance with these terms:
- where we are doing so because the products are faulty, damaged or not as described, we will refund delivery charges in full; and
- where we are doing so because you have changed your mind this will only be to the amount of the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us and where that product is part of an order with other items we will not refund the original delivery costs.
Summary of your key legal rights
This is a summary of your key legal rights. These are subject to certain exceptions. For detailed information please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 says goods must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. During the expected lifespan of your product your legal rights entitle you to the following:
- Our rights to end the contract
- We may end the contract if you break it. We may end the contract for a product at any time by writing to you if you do not, within a reasonable time, allow us or our delivery providers to deliver the products to you.
- Our liability to you
- We are responsible to you for foreseeable loss or damage you suffer that is caused by our breach of these terms or our negligence. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is obvious it will happen or if, at the time the contract was made, both we and you knew it might happen.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of your statutory rights under sections 9-11, 13 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (i.e. products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and match any description provided); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- We only supply products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use products ordered from our website for any commercial, business or re-sale purpose and we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Your personal information
- We will use the personal information you provide to us:
- to supply the products to you;
- to process your payment for the products; and
- Other important terms
- Nobody else has any rights under this contract. This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- Even if we delay in enforcing any of these terms, we can still enforce them later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of any breach, it will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings. These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these terms and the products in the English courts.